Jim will preach on Matthew 17:14-27 this Saturday. Here are some thought-provokers to open your mind and heart to what God wants to tell you:
1. What is a faith?
2. The disciples failed to cast out the demon, but Jesus was able to heal the boy that moment. What does this say about our faith in other people and our faith in God?
3. What do you think the disciples learned about their failure to cast out the demon?
4. Why does Jesus tell the disciples of His death again? What else does He share that should give them hope?
5. What is the importance in Jesus' statement, "The children are exempt."?
6. Peter typically would use a fishing net, yet Jesus instructed Peter to "cast in a hook." Why is it important to obey Jesus' instruction regardless of how he instructs you to perform the action?
To help us wrestle with God's Word and engage as a community, answer these questions prior to the next Saturday evening worship gathering.
Making It Real
This application piece is a follow-up to each Saturday evening sermon. We typically discuss assignments at the Missional Community Gatherings.