Walking Out Our Identities: Gospel Missional Rhythms (Part II), 1 Thessalonians 2:1-8
Use the following questions to dive into this week's scripture. We'll learn and discuss more Saturday night. Open your heart to the movement of God's Spirit!
1. What were Paul's motives as he shared the gospel with Thessalonica?
2. What attitude enables Paul to continue preaching despite opposition?
3. What actions and perspectives might we take if we seek to only please people as we disciple?
4. Why do you think Paul was careful about offering any praise that might be considered flattery to the people whom he served? What is the difference between flattery and sincere praise?
5. What does verse 8 in particular teach us about our own personal conduct with others?
To help us wrestle with God's Word and engage as a community, answer these questions prior to the next Saturday evening worship gathering.
Making It Real
This application piece is a follow-up to each Saturday evening sermon. We typically discuss assignments at the Missional Community Gatherings.