God's Loving Mirror: A New and Repentant Heart, Matthew 23
Answering the following questions by yourself or with a partner. This will help you prepare for and participate in the sermon Saturday night. Leave your comments below!
1. The word 'woe' is used seven times in chapter 23, indicating judgement will be complete and perfectly just. Look up the definition and synonyms of 'woe'.
2. Is it wrong to call a spiritual leader "father"?
3. How did the Pharisees turn someone into a child of hell?
4. Why did Jesus call Pharisees 'whitewashed tombs'?
5. Why was Jesus so angry with these leaders?
6. Why couldn't a sovereign God overrule an unwilling city?
To help us wrestle with God's Word and engage as a community, answer these questions prior to the next Saturday evening worship gathering.
Making It Real
This application piece is a follow-up to each Saturday evening sermon. We typically discuss assignments at the Missional Community Gatherings.