Murder Plot Thickens: Glorified Gospel Suffering, Matthew 26:47-27:31
Approach the following questions prayerfully. God will use them to in your heart to prepare you for Saturday's worship gathering. Share your thoughts with a friend or your spouse. Alternatively, share with the entire Internet world by commenting below.
1. Why do you think Jesus refused to answer the false charges?
2. Peter "wept bitterly"; Judas "was seized with remorse." Have you ever had an experience that caused you to feel the weight of your own failure? How did you handle it? Acknowledging we will fail in this life, list ways you can respond in holiness and faithfulness.
3. Why was the money that was paid for Jesus' betrayal suddenly tainted?
4. Why wasn't Pilate bothered by Jesus' claim to be king of the Jews?
5. How do we share the guilt for Jesus' death?
To help us wrestle with God's Word and engage as a community, answer these questions prior to the next Saturday evening worship gathering.
Making It Real
This application piece is a follow-up to each Saturday evening sermon. We typically discuss assignments at the Missional Community Gatherings.