HEART OF INTEGRITY: WORDS AND REACTIONS, Matthew 5: 33-42
HEART OF INTEGRITY: WORDS AND REACTIONS
Our Words & Reactions Matter- Forgiveness, Mercy and Grace is Living Generously
1) What does the original law say about oaths?
2) How does Jesus use his authority to expand on that idea?
3) Thinking about the heart explanation Jesus gives about oaths, what does that tell you about God?
v34&35... Does this change your perspective of God? Of yourself?
4) In a few words what do you think the main theme of 38-42?
With that in mind what is God teaching you about his character?
5) How is God asking you to respond to these passages? Where do you need to lay down your life to his will?
*Each time we get together we look at some leading questions. Leading questions are available the week before the gathering to help you spend time with God looking at the Scriptures that will be discussed. It is to help guide you to ask, wrestle with and bring questions and insights that you have to the gathering. It will allow you to share these with other people and engage with the message. Currently these questions are implanted in the message. In the future, as the church grows, we will gather in a larger location where the questions will be discussed in groups prior to the message.
To help us wrestle with God's Word and engage as a community, answer these questions prior to the next Saturday evening worship gathering.
Making It Real
This application piece is a follow-up to each Saturday evening sermon. We typically discuss assignments at the Missional Community Gatherings.